Ultimately, the goal of a landing page is to cause people to take some form of action. However, not many landing pages make that happen.
And that’s why in this article, I am going to show you the 7 best landing page practices for maximum sales that will let you do that.
So, are you ready to begin? If so, let’s dive in…
1. Minimize Distractions
The more distractions are on your landing page, the less likely people are going to take the action you want because they will get confused about what to do first and they won’t be able to decide.
That’s why you often see that in sales funnels most of the landing pages on the website don’t even have the primary menu displayed…
If they did, it would lower the conversions. Here’s a perfect example of that:
You see, there is no website menu because it would cause some people to leave and therefore not join the challenge, which is the action this landing page is designed to cause people to take.
Note: If you’re not a techie, this tool might help you with building landing pages easily.
However, the navigation menu is not the only form of distraction that can decrease conversions.
There are many other forms of distractions like overwhelming design, or when you’re in e-commerce it can be 75 variations of one product.
Always look for these distractions and remove them if you want to boost your landing page’s conversions.
Everything that doesn’t directly help the sale must go.
2. Write A Badass Headline
This is a known fact between copywriters and marketers:
The headline is the most important part of a sales copy. And therefore it is also the most important part of your landing page if you want it to cause people to act and buy.
It’s simple. If you lose people at the headline and you don’t grab their attention, how do you expect the rest of the landing page to cause them to act if nobody even goes through it?
If nobody goes through the landing page, nobody buys. And your headline is going to be a determining factor that this will depend on. That’s why it is here between the best landing page practices for making more sales even though it is more of a copywriting thing.
However, how are you going to write a great headline? Well, there are 3 steps to writing a headline that works…
- Make A BIG Promise
- Arouse Curiosity
- Appeal To Emotions Of Your Dream Customer
If your headline does all of these things, it will become nearly impossible for your dream customers to not go through the landing page.
So, follow these best headline practices. And let’s move on…
3. Make An Irresistible Offer
This is another extremely important best practice for generating maximum sales with your landing page. Generic offers generate an average amount of sales…
Irresistible offers however take your sales to a whole new level.
And that’s why you want to make it on your landing page as well. An irresistible offer by definition is an offer that is so good it is harder for people to say “no” to it than “yes.”
In general, it is 10X more valuable than the price you ask them to pay. However, note that 10X more value doesn’t mean you have to spend 10X more money on it and get yourself into a loss.
It means you sweeten the pot with bonuses that are of a low cost to you but of a HUGE value to your dream customers.
Here’s a perfect example of me making a great offer for marketing services and an irresistible offer:
Do you see it? If you get a $97 service from me, I’ll give you literally $135 of actual worth as a gift. It doesn’t cost me a penny, but it makes the offer irresistible.
And to top it off and even boost the desire, I also give people special pre-launch access to my Make Your Voice Heard book. That makes it even more irresistible and even more people want to buy.
Note: If you want to hire me to help you 10X your digital marketing, go here, and find out more now.
An irresistible offer is also going to differentiate your product or service from competitors and therefore people will come to buy from you and not from others.
So, create it.
4. Optimize The Copy For Readability
A landing page that you stop reading after a couple of sentences isn’t worth a penny. You need people to read it smoothly from start to finish.
And in case they stop reading it will be because they are ready to buy, not because you bored them to that point.
Here’s how you can optimize the copy for readability:
- One-Sentence Paragraphs: Use only one sentence per paragraph that your readers can slice easily when reading. Nobody likes to go through a huge chunk of text. (This blog is an example of it.)
- Write The Way You Talk: This one’s easy to understand. Just compare reading, for example, trade law, and a personal email from a friend. Which one is easier to read? It’s obvious, isn’t it? Friends write the way they talk. Nobody enjoys reading formal messages.
- Use Simple Words: Big words don’t impress anybody, they just hurt readability. And that’s why you want to use simple words. (e.g. Instead of automobile use car.)
- Avoid Technical Jargon: It’s the same story as with using big words, except it’s just industry jargon. In case you have to use it, make sure you explain what it means.
And that’s about most of the basic stuff you need to keep in mind if you want to make your copy readable. So, follow these steps if you want your landing page to sell more of your products and services.
5. Do SEO To Get Traffic
The previous best practices were all about optimizing your landing page for maximum sales. However, even the best landing page won’t do much if no one is visiting it.
That’s why the fifth and final best practice is to do SEO to get traffic.
SEO stands for search engine optimization, and it’s a technique that helps you rank higher on search engine results pages (SERPs).
When you rank higher, you get more organic traffic from people who are searching for keywords related to your product or service.
To do SEO, you need to optimize your landing page for both on-page and off-page factors. On-page factors include things like your title tag, meta description, header tags, and content quality.
Off-page factors include things like the number and quality of backlinks pointing to your landing page.
SEO can be a complex and time-consuming process, but it’s worth it because it can bring you a steady stream of high-quality traffic over time.
It’s important to note, however, that SEO is a long-term strategy and it may take months or even years to see significant results.
To get started with SEO, you can use tools like Google Keyword Planner to find relevant keywords to target on your landing page.
You can also use tools like Ahrefs or SEMrush to analyze your competitors’ landing pages and see what keywords they are targeting.
6. Use Psychological Tactics (Ethically)
Another best landing page practice for maximum sales is using psychological tactics. However, you want to be ethical with this. DON’T use this to promote crap or scam people, alright?
Here are some of the psychological tactics that you can use to make your landing page generate more sales…
- Embedded commands are phrases that contain a hidden command or suggestion. For example, “Imagine yourself owning this product” is an embedded command that suggests the customer should buy the product. By embedding the command in a sentence, it can be more effective than simply stating the command directly.
These are POWERFUL resistance fighters and make sure to use them ethically.
- Presuppositions are statements that assume something is true without explicitly stating it. For example, “When you buy this product, you’ll experience the benefits right away” presupposes that the customer will buy the product. By assuming the customer will buy the product, the statement can help to persuade them to do so.
- Visuals can also be used as a psychological tactic to generate more sales. The use of high-quality images, videos, and other visuals can help to convey the benefits of the product and create an emotional connection with the customer. Visuals can also be used to create a sense of urgency, such as by displaying a countdown clock or limited-time offer.
When used effectively, these psychological tactics can help to increase conversions on a landing page. However, it’s important to use them ethically and not to deceive or manipulate customers. By providing value and creating a positive customer experience, businesses can generate more sales without resorting to unethical tactics.
7. Have A Strong Close
Having a strong close is extremely important if you want to seal the deal effectively and push a majority of people over the edge.
Sometimes it can be as short as a few sentences and sometimes it is longer.
Make sure you have a strong call to action in the close and that you also add a sense of urgency there. People love to procrastinate so give them a reason to ACT NOW.