Social media marketing is one of the most powerful things that you can leverage to grow your company.
However, it is not “easy” as most of the “gurus” will tell you.
And even the biggest badass sometimes needs a piece of inspiration, and social meida wisdom in their arsenal.
That is the reason why you are reading this blog post.
Are you ready to see some social media marketing quotes that will take you to the next level?
If so, let’s check them out…
30 Social Media Marketing Quotes
1. “The first rule of social media is that everything changes all the time. What won’t change is the community’s desire to network.” – Kami Huyse (@kamichat)
2. “Influence is NOT Popularity!” – Brian Solis (@briansolis)
3. “Social media allows big companies to act small again” – Jay Baer (@jaybaer)
4. “You can never go wrong by investing in communities and the human beings within them.” – Pam Moore (@pammktgnut)
5. “People want to do business with you because you help them get what they want. They don’t do business with you to help you get what you want.” – Don Crowther (@don_crowther)
6. “If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends.” – Jeff Bezos
7. “Engage, Enlighten, Encourage and especially…just be yourself! Social media is a community effort, everyone is an asset.” – Susan Cooper (@buzzedition)
8. “Word-of-mouth marketing isn’t about giving customers talking points, as if they were brand spokespeople. It’s about delivering an exceptional customer experience that makes customers want to recommend you.” – Deborah Eastman
9. “Pushing a company agenda on social media is like throwing water balloons at a porcupine.” – Erik Qualman (@equalman)
10. “Social media is about sociology and psychology more than technology.” – Brian Solis (@briansolis)
11. “Social media is not just an activity; it is an investment of valuable time and resources. Surround yourself with people who not just support you and stay with you, but inform your thinking about ways to WOW your online presence” – Sean Gardner (@2morrowknight)
12. “We have technology, finally, that for the first time in human history allows people to really maintain rich connections with much larger numbers of people.” – Pierre Omidyar (@pierre)
13. “Going viral is not an outcome; it’s a happening. Sometimes it happens; sometimes it doesn’t. Just remember, fans are vanity and sales are sanity.” – Lori Taylor (@lorirtaylor)
14. “When you’ve got 5 minutes to fill, Twitter is a great way to fill 35 minutes.” – Matt Cutts (@mattcutts)
15. “A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is – it is what consumers tell each other it is.” – Scott Cook
16. “Successful companies in social media function more like entertainment companies, publishers, or party planners than as traditional advertisers.” – Erik Qualman (@equalman)
17. “Social media is about the people! Not about your business. Provide for the people and the people will provide you.” – Matt Goulart
18. “Everyone starts out with nobody listening to them and nobody to listen to. How and who you add determines what Twitter will become for you.” – Laura Fitton (@pistachio)
19. “Humility, gentleness, and helpfulness go so much further and open doors you cannot imagine. Think from a higher level and try to see beyond today. Some hard work and insight will bring you to paths that will reward you so highly, it’ll make the little inconvenience you incurred so worth it.” – Ann Tran (@anntran_)
20. “Content Doesn’t Win. Optimized Content Wins” – Liana Evans (@storyspinner)
21. “Social media is just a buzzword until you come up with a plan.” – Felicia Lin (@felishalin).
22. “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth” – Ted Rubin (@tedrubin)
23. “When you lose followers because of where you stand – you strengthen your tribe.” – Glen Gilmore (@glengilmore)
24. “Trustworthy content has a balanced point of view. It asks and answers the right questions. It doesn’t love itself. It tries to inform and educate.” – Steve Farnsworth (@steveology)
25. “Content marketing is a commitment, not a campaign.” – Jon Buscall (@jonbuscall)
26 “Legendary service is one of the criteria that sets one company apart from its competitors. It’s the mark of a truly authentic company – you just can’t fake caring!” – Kim Garst (@kimgarst)
27. “When we are sharing stories to create bonds with other like-minded people, we want to give them social currency with the highest pass-on value we can.” – Jay Oatway (@jayoatway)
28. “Social media will help you build up loyalty of your current customers to the point that they will willingly, and for free, tell others about you.” – Bonnie Sainsbury (@bsainsbury)
29. “You can buy attention (advertising). You can beg for attention from the media (PR). You can bug people one at a time to get attention (sales). Or you can earn attention by creating something interesting and valuable and then publishing it online for free.” – David Meerman Scott (@dmscott)
30. “Content-based marketing gets repeated in social media and increases word-of-mouth mentions; it’s the best way to gather buzz about a product.” – Marsha Collier (@Marshacollier)